Become a confident decision maker
- Learn Fundamental Analytics Skills. You will learn a variety of analytical skills such as statistics, data visualizations and data mining.
- Help your organization grow. Work on research projects designed around your organization’s actual needs, and learn skills to formulate questions related to existing organizational goals and challenges. Plus, identify sources of data to answer those questions, then design and implement a data analysis plan to answer the questions.
- Communicate and make decisions with confidence. Learn a range of data collection and analysis techniques and tools. Plus, learn how to best communicate the rationale, results, and analysis of data projects.
- Engage with data-minded faculty and peers. All classes are taught by experts from the UW-Madison iSchool (Information School). Plus, you’ll join a cohort of learners who share ideas and complete projects as a team.
- Continue your education with UW-Madison excellence. You can expect a strong return on investment with a credential from a top university. You’ll start out in an in-demand field. Plus, all your earned ADM credits transfer as graduate credits into master’s programs, including those at UW-Madison.
1 calendar year
3 graduate courses
Optional synchronous session
Average 10 hours each week
Classes 14 weeks long
9 graduate credits
key program takeaways
- Formulate questions related to existing organizational goals and challenges, identify sources of data to answer those questions, and design and implement a data analysis plan to answer the questions.
- Understand a range of data collection and analysis techniques and tools appropriate to organizational decision making and assessment, including data mining and visualizations.
- Effectively communicate the rationale, results, and analysis of a data project across different types of media.
- Articulate the value and limitations of data and analytics projects based on understanding of data quality, data availability, metadata functionality, and other data management issues.
Request more information
Interested in knowing whether this is the right program for you?